Forecasting The Fashion Trends For Fall Of 2013
The fashion trend for this year can be sum up with 2 words: “anything goes”. Every woman will have the luxury to wear anything they want from a variety of textiles and color combinations all year round. Let us now discuss the upcoming fashion trends for the fall of 2013 so that you will have an idea what to wear during the autumn season and fill your closet with the right kind of outfits.
The 5 Major Trends For The Fall Of 2013:
As the fashion forecast dictates, the prevailing trends for this year’s fall is a mixture of retros, use of bright colors, and even futuristic designs. Let us look into the 5 major trends so that you will know which style will suit you this autumn season:
1. Futuristic design – This theme is defined as “minimalistic in design, but exaggerated in silhouette”. Futuristic or futurist design can be applied to everyday outfits and even sportswear. Sci-fi motifs, galaxy designs, and space age styles will be expected at this time of the year. Aside from that, the use of sequins, Lucite, and mesh will be primary consideration by most designers. You should expect to see clothes having high necklines with metallic finishes (silver and gold) and wearing of sporty fabrics will be emphasized.
2. Hacktivate – This design theme aims to be innovative and functional at the same time. This idea was made by designers who look on computer hackers for inspiration. The style includes irregular cutting of clothes and patchwork to highlight the individuality of the wearer and combining the modern techno-inspired design with contemporary fashion.
3. Living design – If you’re more of a nature person, then this design theme will definitely make you look good and feel good. The theme is inspired from nature’s biological masterpieces in humans and animals with a touch of technology. Bringing together lifeless materials such as faux fur, shoes, clothes, and accessories matched with digital prints and data images. Knitted and cotton fabrics are used and are loosely cut to bring out a natural and relaxed feel and camo prints will again be a mainstream must have.
4. Dark Romanticism – The smooth flow of the feministic feel meets the hard jagged edge to make a rocker-inspired, mysterious, and punky design theme. Leather and jeans are more rough and over the edge, but they are combined with soft translucent colors to make the look more interesting. The styles also emanate religious symbolism and gothic undertones with the merging of studded accessories, crosses, metallic earrings to maintain the dark romantic appeal.
5. Resurgence – Also known as the new renaissance, this design theme can be described as the commemoration of wealth and creativity that is combined with elaborate fashion styles. Medallion designs, tapestry patterns, and plush fabrics are some of the key qualities for this theme. Anything that uses flowing fabrics, rich prints, or any outfit that shows an embellished design is appropriate for this year fall as it represents the resurgence fashion design.